Dekton is a type of man made quartz, which is considered one of the most durable and low-maintenance countertop materials on the market. While conventional quartz products are extremely durable, Dekton may be taking quartz toughness to another level. It is made from a proprietary blend of natural quartz stone, porcelain, and glass. These raw materials are fused and compressed under high pressure to create a slab material that is very dense and compact
Dekton is a fireproof material. This means that you can set down pans of boiling water or hot skillets right onto the counter without fear of damage due to thermal shock.
Dekton is so dense that it is non-porous and is virtually impervious to liquids. Even Dekton countertops in white and other light colours won't show stain remnants
Scratches from knives, pans, or appliances are common hazards for kitchen counters. Thanks to its exceptional density, Dekton is very hard to scratch. You can cut right on the countertop without fear of damage, and you don't have to worry about rough-bottom pans sliding across its surface
- Contrary to granite, the surface of the Dekton countertops is non-porous and does not contain any natural resin. Dekton countertops are therefore extremely easy to maintain.
- Dekton is both acid and base resistant
- Limescale can be removed with a 5% mixture of vinegar in water.
Spot removal and thorough cleaning
For thorough cleaning, Q-Action, which is a powerful soap made for cleaning, is recommended.
- Spray Q-Action on the surface in a thin, even layer.
- Leave to work for approx. 1 minute.
- Clean the surface with water.
- Wipe off with a clean, dry cloth.
Q-Action is a specially designed cleaner for the deep cleaning of worktops