Daily cleaning must be done by wiping with a soft, lint-free cloth with lukewarm or hot water. Wiping must be done in the direction of the grain and never use abrasive detergents or similar products for cleaning. Besides the daily cleaning, waxed wood veneer doors are cared for and maintained with Guardian wax (natural or dark beeswax) a few times a year. For thorough cleaning use Guardian Wood Cleaner followed by a thin layer of wax.
- Daily cleaning with damp cloth.
- For stubborn stains recommended Guardian Spatulas
- If the woodgrains "rise" (become rough) sand it lightly with fine sandpaper - never use steel wool
- Treatment, cleaning or sanding must always be done in the direction of the wood grain
- Avoid exposure to heat and humidity, as this can cause stains
- Should never permanently be covered with air tight materials for extended periods of time
- Treatment should be done on both sides.